How long is it appropriate to keep foods inside and outside of the fridge?
The storage period varies according to the type of food. Always check the label or the packaging for the expiry date. Where no such date is shown, check the smell and appearance of the food for any alterations. Below you will find some general rules for storing your food.
- Cooked food: No more than 4 hours outside the fridge. Keep for 2-3 days in the fridge, excluding rice dishes, which should be consumed within 1 day.
- Raw meat, poultry, fish: Wrap securely to avoid leaks and put immediately in the fridge. Consume within 1-2 days.
- Fruits and vegetables: When properly protected, they can be kept in the fridge for 3-5 days; this period is significantly reduced if kept outside of the fridge.
- Eggs: Put in the fridge separately from other foods and consume within 3-4 weeks.
- Cheese: Hard cheese can last for several weeks in the fridge, as long as it is protected from moisture. If placed in brine and sealed in an airtight container, feta cheese can be kept for up to one year. When not in brine, it can be refrigerated for 4-5 days.
Aby potraviny vydržely déle čerstvé.